The annual Master Builders of Iowa Membership Meeting was held on Monday, February 17th at the Prairie Meadows Events and Conference Center in conjunction with the Annual Winter Conference. Registration numbers for the meeting came in at record levels, reaching 170! The meeting covered legislative initiatives and plans for 2014, a look at the association’s financial report, a presentation by the MB EYE on the Future Class of 2014 and recognition of the PAC 750 Club. Another part of the meeting was the recognition of outgoing Board of Directors and Associate Council members and the welcome and induction of the new members. The meeting was then followed by a complimentary, members only reception.
The Master Builders of Iowa is the recognized leader of the construction industry in the State of Iowa. Founded in 1912, the MBI is one of over 100 chapters of the Associated General Contractors of America, the most influential and widely respected construction association in the country. MBI's 2300 plus members perform the majority of the state's commercial, industrial and public works building projects. The Association provides its members with a comprehensive array of educational, safety, environmental, labor, legal, and professional development and legislative services.
Master Builders of Iowa has been the recipient of the Large Chapter of the Year Award presented by the AGC of America. This is the most prestigious award that the National AGCA bestows upon the Chapter that best exhibits the tenets of the AGGA: skill, responsibility and integrity. Applications are judged by a National Committee of judges comprised of AGCA Executive Committee members, National Officers and Chapter peers. The competition for the award is always very rigorous among the 98 Chapters of the AGCA, located in every state of the Union, including Puerto Rico.
MBI's mission is to be the essential resource for improving member performance and promoting a business environment favorable to the construction industry.
The year 2012 marked the 100th anniversary of the Master Builders of Iowa. A century of individuals have guided our Association with a firm commitment to the industry and vision for the future. The years have developed a strong tradition of MBI members giving of themselves to contribute their time, talent and energy to the Association. This tradition of dedicated leadership and time honored commitment to the industry is the cornerstone of our organization.
To acknowledge and recognize this milestone, a compilation of one-hundred “Did You Know” facts and accomplishments over the course of a century are presented in this publication. Our sincere thanks and gratitude to all the members, who over the course of time, have shaped and molded this Association into what it is today and what it continues to be for generations to come. CLICK HERE to read the 100 year publication.
WELCOME NEW MBI MEMBERS!
- Rau Construction Company
- Eide Bailly LLP
- First Insurance Agency
- Henriksen Contracting, LLC
- Rew Materials
- Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
2014 Board of Directors
- Scott Friauf, Rinderknecht Associates Inc., Chairman of the Board
- Steve Hauschilt, Graham Construction Co., Vice Chairman
- Mike Simpson, Neumann Brothers Inc., Treasurer
- Tim Seibert, Carl A. Nelson & Company, Secretary
- Jim Russell, Russell Construction Co., Immediate Past Chairman
- Chuck Follett, Allied Construction Services Inc.
- Brad Johnson, Knutson Construction Services, Inc.
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group
- Russ Lewton, Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- A.J. Loss, Bush Construction Company, Inc.
- Jon Mixdorf, Cardinal Construction Inc.
- Gary Schmit, Henkel Construction Co.
- Jeff Scandrett, Hy-Vee Construction , LC, MB EYE on the Future Representative
2014 Associate Council
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group, Chair
- Nathan Burgod, Architectural Wall Systems Co.
- Marte Cook, Stetson Building Products Inc.
- Chuck Follett, Allied Construction Services
- Jay Freiermuth, Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc.
- James Giese, Jim Giese Commercial Roofing, Inc.
- Shaun O’Tool, Northwest Steel Erection Co., Inc.
- Devin Pipkin, TrueNorth Construction Specialty Group
- Marty Rathje, Rathje Construction Co.
- Brian Rickert, Brown Winick Law Firm
- Steve Skold, Skold Construction Services