The Master Builders of Iowa is the recognized leader of the construction industry in the State of Iowa. Founded in 1912, the MBI is one of over 100 chapters of the Associated General Contractors of America, the most influential and widely respected construction association in the country. MBI's 2300 plus members perform the majority of the state's commercial, industrial and public works building projects. The Association provides its members with a comprehensive array of educational, safety, environmental, labor, legal, and professional development and legislative services.
Master Builders of Iowa has been the recipient of the Large Chapter of the Year Award presented by the AGC of America. This is the most prestigious award that the National AGCA bestows upon the Chapter that best exhibits the tenets of the AGGA: skill, responsibility and integrity. Applications are judged by a National Committee of judges comprised of AGCA Executive Committee members, National Officers and Chapter peers. The competition for the award is always very rigorous among the 98 Chapters of the AGCA, located in every state of the Union, including Puerto Rico.
MBI's mission is to be the essential resource for improving member performance and promoting a business environment favorable to the construction industry.
The year 2012 marked the 100th anniversary of the Master Builders of Iowa. A century of individuals have guided our Association with a firm commitment to the industry and vision for the future. The years have developed a strong tradition of MBI members giving of themselves to contribute their time, talent and energy to the Association. This tradition of dedicated leadership and time honored commitment to the industry is the cornerstone of our organization.
To acknowledge and recognize this milestone, a compilation of one-hundred “Did You Know” facts and accomplishments over the course of a century are presented in this publication. Our sincere thanks and gratitude to all the members, who over the course of time, have shaped and molded this Association into what it is today and what it continues to be for generations to come. CLICK HERE to read the 100 year publication.
WELCOME NEW MBI MEMBERS!
- Ja-Ra Enterprises, Inc. - Pleasant Hill, IA
- Blahnik Construction Company - Cedar Rapids, IA
- Mid States Rebar and Supply LLC - Atkins, IA
- Midwest Builders' Casualty Mutual Co. - Kansas City, MO
- MWD Steel Fabrication, LLC - Lincoln, NE
- Prime Mechanical Inc. - Ely, IA
2015 Board of Directors
- Steve Hauschilt, Graham Construction Co., Chairman of the Board
- Mike Simpson, Neumann Brothers Inc., Vice Chairman
- A.J. Loss, Bush Construction Company, Inc., Treasurer
- Gary Schmit, Henkel Construction Co., Secretary
- Scott Friauf, Rinderknecht Associates, Inc., Immediate Past Chairman
- Brad Best, Peters Construction Corp.
- Brad Johnson, Knutson Construction Services, Inc.
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group
- Russ Lewton, Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- Jon Mixdorf, Cardinal Construction Inc.
- Devin Pipkin, TrueNorth Construction Specialty Group
- Christopher Wheeler, Point Builders, LLC
- Katy Susong, Cardinal Construction Inc., MB EYE on the Future Representative
2015 Associate Council
- Devin Pipkin, TrueNorth Construction Specialty Group, Chair
- Nathan Burgod, Elite Glass and Metal
- Chuck Follett, Allied Construction Services
- Jay Freiermuth, Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc.
- James Giese, Jim Giese Commercial Roofing, Inc.
- Sue Kartman, Seedorff Masonry, Inc.
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group
- Mary Rathje, Rathje Construction Co.
- Brian Rickert, Brown Winick Law Firm
- Steve Skold, Skold Construction Services
- Scott Turczynski, Heartland Finishes Inc.