The 2015 MBI Annual Winter Conference will begin with an opening breakfast and keynote by guest speaker Steve Siemens who is the Head People Builder of SIEMENS PEOPLE BUILDERS, located in Des Moines, Iowa. Steve “builds” people in a variety of settings. He has spoken in every State in the United States and in 22 countries. Steve has been labeled as one of the best professional speakers in the United States. He is the author of three books, Together We Can, Together We Will, Together We Did, Give Stress A Rest, and Push-Ups For People. He was awarded the CSP, Certified Speaking Professional, by the National Speakers Association. It is the highest designation given by NSA. He is one of only 10 percent of professional speakers worldwide who has met the rigorous standards. Steve is a past college President and has served as a professor in three other colleges.
The highlight of the Build Iowa Breakfast is the announcement of the coveted Build Iowa Award, which was initiated in 1989 and is presented each year to an honoree who best exemplifies the tenets of MBI – skill, integrity and responsibility. Join us at 7:30 am on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 to see who is awarded the annual Build Iowa Award. Follow the links below for more information and to register.
The Master Builders of Iowa is the recognized leader of the construction industry in the State of Iowa. Founded in 1912, the MBI is one of over 100 chapters of the Associated General Contractors of America, the most influential and widely respected construction association in the country. MBI's 2300 plus members perform the majority of the state's commercial, industrial and public works building projects. The Association provides its members with a comprehensive array of educational, safety, environmental, labor, legal, and professional development and legislative services.
Master Builders of Iowa has been the recipient of the Large Chapter of the Year Award presented by the AGC of America. This is the most prestigious award that the National AGCA bestows upon the Chapter that best exhibits the tenets of the AGGA: skill, responsibility and integrity. Applications are judged by a National Committee of judges comprised of AGCA Executive Committee members, National Officers and Chapter peers. The competition for the award is always very rigorous among the 98 Chapters of the AGCA, located in every state of the Union, including Puerto Rico.
MBI's mission is to be the essential resource for improving member performance and promoting a business environment favorable to the construction industry.
The year 2012 marked the 100th anniversary of the Master Builders of Iowa. A century of individuals have guided our Association with a firm commitment to the industry and vision for the future. The years have developed a strong tradition of MBI members giving of themselves to contribute their time, talent and energy to the Association. This tradition of dedicated leadership and time honored commitment to the industry is the cornerstone of our organization.
To acknowledge and recognize this milestone, a compilation of one-hundred “Did You Know” facts and accomplishments over the course of a century are presented in this publication. Our sincere thanks and gratitude to all the members, who over the course of time, have shaped and molded this Association into what it is today and what it continues to be for generations to come. CLICK HERE to read the 100 year publication.
WELCOME NEW MBI MEMBERS!
- ATS Specialized
- Cameron Mitchell
- Dalton Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
- Elite Glass and Metal
- GMS3 LLC DBA LockMedix LLC
- Hart-Hammer Inc.
- Jeff MacTaggart Masonry
- Munson Electric Inc.
- On-Site Solutions
2014 Board of Directors
- Scott Friauf, Rinderknecht Associates Inc., Chairman of the Board
- Steve Hauschilt, Graham Construction Co., Vice Chairman
- Mike Simpson, Neumann Brothers Inc., Treasurer
- Tim Seibert, Carl A. Nelson & Company, Secretary
- Jim Russell, Russell Construction Co., Immediate Past Chairman
- Chuck Follett, Allied Construction Services Inc.
- Brad Johnson, Knutson Construction Services, Inc.
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group
- Russ Lewton, Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- A.J. Loss, Bush Construction Company, Inc.
- Jon Mixdorf, Cardinal Construction Inc.
- Gary Schmit, Henkel Construction Co.
- Jeff Scandrett, Hy-Vee Construction , LC, MB EYE on the Future Representative
2014 Associate Council
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group, Chair
- Nathan Burgod, Elite Glass and Metal
- Marte Cook, Stetson Building Products Inc.
- Chuck Follett, Allied Construction Services
- Jay Freiermuth, Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc.
- James Giese, Jim Giese Commercial Roofing, Inc.
- Shaun O’Tool, Northwest Steel Erection Co., Inc.
- Devin Pipkin, TrueNorth Construction Specialty Group
- Mary Rathje, Rathje Construction Co.
- Brian Rickert, Brown Winick Law Firm
- Steve Skold, Skold Construction Services