Dallas Clark is Headlining this Year's Winter Conference - Attend the Masters Awards Luncheon to Hear from Him!
One of the major highlights of the MBI Annual Winter Conference is the Masters Awards Luncheon. This year’s event will feature a top-shelf keynote speaker, excellent networking opportunities and the announcement of the 2015 Masters Awards. The Masters Awards, which are presented in the categories of $1 million to $5 million, $5 million to $10 million and over $10 million were created to recognize the exceptional efforts of a construction team in executing the process of completing a project. Two finalists in each of the three categories will be recognized, and the winning project and the entire project team in each category will be awarded the coveted Masters Award.
The keynote speaker for the Masters Awards Luncheon will be Iowa Hawkeye All-American and NFL Super Bowl Champion Dallas Clark. Dallas will share his journey from South Dakota, to small town Iowa and his rise to college and professional football stardom.
The Masters Award Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm in conjunction with the Annual Winter Conference at The Meadows Events and Conference Center in Altoona, Iowa.
For more information on the Annual Winter Conference and for the registration form, please download the Winter Conference Brochure.
Photo provided by the Indianapolis Colts
The Master Builders of Iowa is the recognized leader of the construction industry in the State of Iowa. Founded in 1912, the MBI is one of over 100 chapters of the Associated General Contractors of America, the most influential and widely respected construction association in the country. MBI's 2300 plus members perform the majority of the state's commercial, industrial and public works building projects. The Association provides its members with a comprehensive array of educational, safety, environmental, labor, legal, and professional development and legislative services.
Master Builders of Iowa has been the recipient of the Large Chapter of the Year Award presented by the AGC of America. This is the most prestigious award that the National AGCA bestows upon the Chapter that best exhibits the tenets of the AGGA: skill, responsibility and integrity. Applications are judged by a National Committee of judges comprised of AGCA Executive Committee members, National Officers and Chapter peers. The competition for the award is always very rigorous among the 98 Chapters of the AGCA, located in every state of the Union, including Puerto Rico.
MBI's mission is to be the essential resource for improving member performance and promoting a business environment favorable to the construction industry.
The year 2012 marked the 100th anniversary of the Master Builders of Iowa. A century of individuals have guided our Association with a firm commitment to the industry and vision for the future. The years have developed a strong tradition of MBI members giving of themselves to contribute their time, talent and energy to the Association. This tradition of dedicated leadership and time honored commitment to the industry is the cornerstone of our organization.
To acknowledge and recognize this milestone, a compilation of one-hundred “Did You Know” facts and accomplishments over the course of a century are presented in this publication. Our sincere thanks and gratitude to all the members, who over the course of time, have shaped and molded this Association into what it is today and what it continues to be for generations to come. CLICK HERE to read the 100 year publication.
WELCOME NEW MBI MEMBERS!
- ATS Specialized
- Cameron Mitchell
- Dalton Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
- Elite Glass and Metal
- GMS3 LLC DBA LockMedix LLC
- Hart-Hammer Inc.
- Jeff MacTaggart Masonry
- Munson Electric Inc.
- On-Site Solutions
2014 Board of Directors
- Scott Friauf, Rinderknecht Associates Inc., Chairman of the Board
- Steve Hauschilt, Graham Construction Co., Vice Chairman
- Mike Simpson, Neumann Brothers Inc., Treasurer
- Tim Seibert, Carl A. Nelson & Company, Secretary
- Jim Russell, Russell Construction Co., Immediate Past Chairman
- Chuck Follett, Allied Construction Services Inc.
- Brad Johnson, Knutson Construction Services, Inc.
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group
- Russ Lewton, Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- A.J. Loss, Bush Construction Company, Inc.
- Jon Mixdorf, Cardinal Construction Inc.
- Gary Schmit, Henkel Construction Co.
- Jeff Scandrett, Hy-Vee Construction , LC, MB EYE on the Future Representative
2014 Associate Council
- Doug Kumm, Baker Group, Chair
- Nathan Burgod, Elite Glass and Metal
- Marte Cook, Stetson Building Products Inc.
- Chuck Follett, Allied Construction Services
- Jay Freiermuth, Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc.
- James Giese, Jim Giese Commercial Roofing, Inc.
- Shaun O’Tool, Northwest Steel Erection Co., Inc.
- Devin Pipkin, TrueNorth Construction Specialty Group
- Mary Rathje, Rathje Construction Co.
- Brian Rickert, Brown Winick Law Firm
- Steve Skold, Skold Construction Services