In only 10 days on Monday, January 14, the 2019 legislative session will officially commence. Just like every other legislative session before it, the start means opportunities (and frustrations) for MBI and our industry. Our job is to maximize the opportunities and limit the frustrations, and we need your help in accomplishing this goal!
In order to be an effective agent for change, we must rely on our members and their employees to be actively engaged. But good news! There are a couple of easy ways for you to stay up to date on what is happening at the Capitol all throughout session.
- Join the Government Affairs Committee.
- Follow us on Twitter (@MBISince1912 and @benhammes) and Facebook.
- Sign up for the Legislative Focus emails (every Friday).
- Sign up for the Legislative Focus webinar series (every 3rd Friday).
- Contribute to the MBI-PAC.
- Lobby your own legislators - to find who your legislators are, please visit the Iowa Legislature’s website here.
- Respond to our "Call To Action" alerts.
There is no question that when it comes to construction issues and general business issues, MBI is looked at to provide direction for how this state operates. We take this job very seriously and will continue to be a resource to all legislators with our mission statement at the front – to be “the essential resource for promoting a business environment favorable to the construction industry."
There are specific instructions at each of those links above on how to get signed up. However, if you have any trouble or would like any information, please email MBI’s Director of Public Affairs, Ben Hammes at email@example.com.