Friday, 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Construction drawings can be difficult to understand and mistakes can be costly. Being able to read and understand construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry. In this series, participants will gain the skills necessary to read and understand typical construction documents - blueprints and specifications.
Session 1: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm **SOLD OUT**
General Construction / Civil /Project Delivery Methods
This session will provide the participant with an introduction to the life cycle of a construction project from project conception, through design, construction, and project closeout. Participants will learn about project delivery methods, such as the traditional Design-Bid-Build, as well as alternative delivery methods, including Design-Build and Construction Management. Roles of the various parties in each delivery method will be discussed: owner, architect, engineer, contractor, and subcontractor.
Session 2: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm **SOLD OUT**
Architectural / Structural
This session will focus on the reading and use of architectural and structural plans and specifications. Architectural and structural plan reading topics to be discussed include the following:
• Standard symbols, plan organization, specification organization
• Use of standard architectural scales
• Architectural plan views, details, elevations, and sections
• Use of architectural schedules, notes, and symbols
• Structural foundation plans
• Plan reading for structural building systems, including precast concrete, structural steel, site cast concrete, and masonry
Please contact Tom Fulcher at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be placed on the waitlist.