Wednesday, 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Construction drawings can be difficult to understand and mistakes can be costly. Being able to read and understand construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry. In this series, participants will gain the skills necessary to read and understand typical construction documents - blueprints and specifications.
Session 1: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm **SOLD OUT**
General Construction / Civil /Project Delivery Methods
This session will provide the participant with an introduction to the life cycle of a construction project from project conception, through design, construction, and project closeout. Participants will learn about project delivery methods, such as the traditional Design-Bid-Build, as well as alternative delivery methods, including Design-Build and Construction Management. Roles of the various parties in each delivery method will be discussed: owner, architect, engineer, contractor, and subcontractor.
Session 2: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm **SOLD OUT**
Session #2: Architectural / Structural
This session will focus on the reading and use of architectural and structural plans and specifications. Architectural and structural plan reading topics to be discussed include the following:
• Standard symbols, plan organization, specification organization
• Use of standard architectural scales
• Architectural plan views, details, elevations, and sections
• Use of architectural schedules, notes, and symbols
• Structural foundation plans
• Plan reading for structural building systems, including precast concrete, structural steel, site cast concrete, and masonry
Blueprint Reading 2018 is SOLD OUT! To be added to our waiting list for this program and early notification for the 2019 program, please email Tom Fulcher at email@example.com.