The S.I.R. Award is an award that embodies the tenets of our Association . . . Skill, Integrity & Responsibility. This award is reserved and given to truly honor. It is a nationally recognized award and given to AGC of America Chapters from the National AGC of America to award for special and unique circumstances.
The Master Builders of Iowa was honored to present the SIR Award to Mike Carroll, Henning Construction Co. at this year’s Winter Conference on behalf of the MBI Membership.
Mike is no stranger to leadership in the industry and the MBI. He has served on countless MBI committees, served as MBI Secretary, Treasurer, Vice Chairman and Chairman of the Board. He chaired the strategic planning effort that lead to the formation of the MB EYE on the Future. He also served for over three years as Director of Administrative Services for the State of Iowa. Some of his achievements while at the State of Iowa which directly impacted our industry are:
- Developed and implemented a strategic plan to reach the goal of reducing the size of State government by 15%
- Responsible for oversight of the Department consisting of five distinct business enterprises, accounting, human resources, information technology and general services with over 250 departmental employees.
- Reduced the cost of services to other State departments by over 15% and reduced the size of the department by over 19% without a reduction in service.
- Additional savings and operational efficiencies based on current and projected date of over 12,000,000 by restructuring construction contracts to ConsensusDocs and restructuring management of State projects
- Restructured labor relations to better manage labor contracts and increase management control.
The net results of these initiatives were annual savings to Iowa taxpayers of millions of dollars per year.
Congratulations Mike, for this truly deserving award.
Recognizing Excellence in the Construction Industry
The Master Builders of Iowa recognize members' accomplishments through awards programs that highlight excellence in industry initiatives and that represent the tenets of our Association: Skill – Integrity – Responsibility. Each year, the MBI recognition programs are sought after by the best in the Iowa’s commercial construction industry. The awards and recognition programs celebrate the success of MBI member companies and spotlight individual and company-wide accomplishments. They are a wonderful way to recognize leaders in the industry as well as award outstanding projects. The awards are announced at the MBI Annual Convention.
Below are the available MBI recognition programs