The 10th year of the MB EYE on the Future Program was comprised of 21 leaders. In addition to extensive leadership training and networking, each class is asked to identify and implement a class project that will involve an industry or MBI improvement initiative. The 2013/2014 class decided to focus on connecting partnering colleges with the Association and MBI members. They moved forward on their project keeping the following goals in mind
- Increase awareness of MBI efforts at the university level
- Improve student/employer working opportunities
- Increase the likelihood that Iowa companies are able to recruit and retain the best and brightest students educated in Iowa
The result was the reassignment of the Scholarship and Academic Advisory Committee to address and take action on these goals. The group developed the following:
Scholarship & Academic Advisory Committee
Job Description: To strengthen student relationships and increase MBI awareness at partnering colleges and to administer and conduct scholarships on behalf of the Association's Educational Trust.
The Scholarship and Academic Advisory Committee will be charged with:
- Administering and conducting scholarships
- Increasing MBI membership involvement at the universities
- Increasing opportunities at MBI events and training sessions for students to get involved
- Developing a conduit between existing resources at the universities and MBI members
- MEASURE SUCCESS (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
To learn more about this committee and who is involved, please visit the Scholarship and Academic Advisory Committee page. If you would like to sign up to be a part of this committee, please contact Laurie Delmott at firstname.lastname@example.org.