2018 will mark Mr. Hammes' 5th legislative session at the Iowa Capitol, and first representing the Master Builders of Iowa. Prior to joining MBI, Mr. Hammes most recently served as Communications Director for then-Gov. Terry E. Branstad and then-Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds. Previous work experience includes serving the Branstad/Reynolds Administration as a Policy Advisor and Director of Boards and Commissions, and campaign and federal experience for Congressman Tom Latham in Iowa and Senator Chuck Grassley in Washington, D.C. Hammes is a Story City Iowa native and holds a political communications degree from the University of Northern Iowa. He lives in Clive with his wife, Morgan, and their son, Henry.
MBI Lobbying Team:
- Ben Hammes, Director of Public Affairs, Master Builders of Iowa
- Chad Kleppe, President and CEO, Master Builders of Iowa
- Julie Smith, Contract Lobbyist
Meet MBI's Legal Experts
MBI is fortunate to have the ability to call upon a team of the most highly regarded lawyers in the field of commercial construction law. This legal team is unmatched in their ability to represent our commercial construction interests.
- Leon Shearer, Shearer Law Firm, PC, Waukee
- Kelly Baier, Bradley & Riley PC, Cedar Rapids
- Doug Gross, Brown Winick Law Firm, Des Moines
- John Templer, Whitfield & Eddy Law, Des Moines
- Jeff Stone, Whitfield & Eddy Law, Des Moines
- Steve Marso, Whitfield & Eddy Law, West Des Moines
- Brian Rickert, Brown Winick Law Firm, Des Moines