This session is part of a three part series. Participants may register per session, or may register for the full series for a discount. If registering for sessions individually, lunches are available for an additional $25 per person.
Construction drawings can be difficult to understand and mistakes can be costly. Being able to read and understand construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry. In this series, participants will gain the skills necessary to read and understand typical construction documents - blueprints and specifications.
Session 2: Architectural / Structural
This session will focus on the reading and use of architectural and structural plans and specifications. Architectural and structural plan reading topics to be discussed include the following:
- Standard symbols, plan organization, specification organization
- Use of standard architectural scales
- Architectural plan views, details, elevations, and sections
- Use of architectural schedules, notes, and symbols
- Structural foundation plansPlan reading for structural building systems, including
- Plan reading for structural building systems, including precast concrete, structural steel, site cast concrete, and masonry
CLICK HERE to register.