On April 12th, Governor Branstad proclaimed October 2 – 6, 2017 as Construction Week in Iowa. Construction Week is a time to celebrate the built environment and showcase those who create it, increase public dialogue about the shortage of construction workers and bring construction to life for students, educators and parents.
To view the Construction Week 2017 proclamation video, CLICK HERE. Be sure to SHARE the video on social media to begin spreading the word about #ConstructionWeek17!
We encourage everyone in the industry to start planning now for a successful Construction Week! We have many resources available on the MBI website to assist in your planning, including:
- Construction Week Planning Guide
- Ideas List
- Timeline for How to Prepare for a Successful Celebration
- Downloads for Logos/Artwork/Marketing Materials (click on the corresponding icon found on the resources page for the automatic download)
- Social Media Toolkit
- Social Media Image Downloads for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Twitter (click on the corresponding icon found on the social media page for the automatic download)
- Sample Articles & Press Releases (click on the corresponding icon found on the resources page for the automatic download)
- Construction Week Promotional Items
The shortage of workers in the skilled trades is high, and will continue to increase in the years to come. We are working as an industry to focus on growing the recruiting pipeline and preparing new workers for the construction trades by helping make career and technical education a priority in high schools. Shifting the public’s negative perception about careers in the construction industry to the reality of the positive and by providing the tools to show the path to job placement is critical.
Start finding ways now within your company to get involved in promoting Construction Week by planning a company celebration, arrange visits with local schools and/or preparing to market it within your company and in your community.
More than a week-long event, Construction Week is a year-round commitment to raise awareness of the vast opportunities available in the construction industry, and as an industry, we can work together to make a difference.
Please join us in celebrating Construction Week October 2 – 6, 2017!